Great news! All of your Federal and State financial aid can be used to study at Rome with Purpose! Be sure you make all necessary arrangements with the Financial Aid Office and Study Abroad Office at your university.
In addition to Fast Web, FAFSA, and College Board financial aid, here are a few other scholarships you can apply for. Some are specifically geared for study abroad or for Italy. Many of them have deadlines for applying, so it’s best to plan ahead–and check all the details:
- Hostelling International USA Explore the World Travel Scholarship – Hostelling International USA is offering 104 $2000 scholarships in 2018. This is one of the biggest scholarship opportunities on the list.
- Reward Expert Scholarship – One $1,000 scholarship will be awarded annually to deserving undergraduate students who are attending an accredited 2- or 4-year college within the United States of America. The scholarship is designed for students pursuing study abroad opportunities.
- Travel Visa Pro Scholarship – $1000 scholarship open to students of all education levels. Students must complete an essay of 1000 words that details a memorable travel experience, discusses travel tips, or expresses a personal viewpoint related to travel.
- Owner Direct Vacation Rentals Study Away Scholarship – for any full-time student over 18 enrolled at an accredited university. Eligible students should submit an original 600-800 word essay describing why travel is important to them. Essays will be judged based on the following: content, creativity and style.
- Annual CGTrader Scholarship – This scholarship is not specifically for study abroad students, but might interest those who interested in technology. Your 500-1000 word essay should be about “Using games for social good and playful learning”. Top scholarship is $2000, two runners-up will receive $500 each.
- Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship – for U.S. undergraduate students who are receiving federal Pell Grant funding at their college or university to study abroad.
- National Italian American Foundation – Be a member of NIAF or have a parent or guardian who is a member of NIAF. (You can join today!)
- Sons of Italy Scholarship – U.S. citizens of Italian descent in their junior or senior year of undergraduate study,, majoring or minoring in Italian language studies at an accredited academic institution.
- American Foundation of Savoy Orders – undergraduate or graduate students majoring in the Humanities and Fine Arts or International Studies
- ScholarTrips – ScholarTrips is a national scholarship contest designed to reward creativity and the desire to learn through international travel. This year we will give away six $2,500 scholarships to students who want to study or volunteer abroad. Applicants can enter by answering the question: “How Can International Travel Impact Your Life?” in a short video or 500-word essay and submitting a form in our website. Open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and District of Columbia, who are at least 14 years of age at the time of application, and are students at a state-accredited high school or trade school, or an accredited university or college at time of entry. Please see website for more details.
- Fund for Education Abroad Scholarships – US citizens currently enrolled as undergraduates in US universities/colleges who plan to study abroad for at least four weeks
- Golden Key Scholarships – a wide variety of scholarships for study abroad
- Bulk Office Supply Scholarship – BulkOfficeSupply.com offers more than school supplies we are there to help students pursue their goals. We have implemented a program to help students express their educational goals and future plans. At Bulk Office Supply we want to help students throughout the U.S.A. have an opportunity to get a scholarship. If you have an interest in teaching, Art or owning your own business you are eligible to apply for our $1000 scholarship program. The program is open to all high school students as well as College Freshmen and Sophomores. Please see website for more details.
- Phi Kappa Phi Study Abroad Grants – This scholarship is designed to help support undergraduates as they seek knowledge and experience in their academic fields by studying abroad. Fifty $1,000 grants are awarded each year.
- Tortuga Backpacks Study Abroad Scholarship – Ideal for our Independent Travel Weeks! Part of Tortuga Backpack’s mission “is to help people take amazing trips” — which is why they dedicate part of their proceeds towards a study abroad scholarship for full time students who have been accepted to study abroad trips. It’s only open to U.S. citizens. To apply just complete an online application and 500-word essay.
- The GotChosen $1000 Every Month Scholarship – GotChosen is offering a recurring monthly scholarship to help college students. The GotChosen $1000 Every Month Scholarship is easy and free to enter. A new winner is selected every month by a random drawing.
Have you considered crowdfunding? Here are some options:
- Fund My Travel Fund meaningful travel
- Go Ennounce Create a mission. Share it. Accomplish it.
- Go Fund Me People like yourself have raised more money at Go Fund Me than anywhere else.