Costs and Policies for the Semester Program
Students who successfully complete the Rome with Purpose semester program will receive up to 16 semester hours of academic credit issued by College of the Ozarks or Liberty University if you are an LU student.
If you do not attend a college with a partnership agreement with Rome with Purpose, it is important that you work out the details regarding transfer of credit before you come to Rome. We are happy to speak with the registrar at your university to work out these details. Just write to us, or call us (704-641-3376), with the necessary contact information.
Each college we partner with has its own policies regarding study abroad and financial aid so we would encourage you to contact your college to determine your costs. Click here to see a list of our partner colleges.
The cost for a full semester at Rome with Purpose is $17,000.
Program costs include:
- tuition for up to 16 credit hours
- room and partial board (daily breakfast, two lunches and two suppers weekly)
- weekly room cleaning and linen service
- weekly use of washing machine
- airport meet and greet
- full-time onsite staff and support
- transportation pass for all travel in Rome
- wi-fi on campus
- multi-day study tours to Florence, Sicily, Greece and Pompeii (depending on your courses chosen)
- transportation and lodging for class excursions
- select museum entrance fees
- weekly cooking classes
- medical travel insurance policy if your school doesn’t provide it
If you do not attend a college with a partnership agreement with Rome with Purpose, it is important that you work out the details regarding payment before you come to Rome. We are happy to speak with the finance officer at your university to work out these details. Just write to us, or call us (704-641-3376), with the necessary contact information.
You will be responsible to pay for round-trip airfare to Rome.
Personal discretionary expenditures
Including personal travel during the two weeks of independent travel. (You are free to stay in Rome at the convent during this time, if you prefer.)
About two months before the semester begins, Rome with Purpose will send an invoice to you or to your college, depending on the agreement which has been made (see introductory explanation under the “Costs & Other Expenses” tab above).
Of course we hope you won’t leave us! But sometimes it happens, so here’s the deal:
If you decide to withdraw, notifications must be in writing or by email to Rome with Purpose. (A response from us will indicate that we received your email.)
- If you withdraw more than 30 days before the start date for the program in Rome, you are responsible for paying all unrecoverable expenses.
- If you withdraw less than 30 days before the start of Rome with Purpose, you are responsible to pay 50% of the room and board fees.
- If a student withdraws after the program has begun, a partial refund of the tuition costs will be made as follows: If a student withdraws in the first month, 50% of tuition charges will be refunded; in the second month, 25% of the tuition charges will be refunded. There will be no refund for room and board charges.
- If a student is dismissed for disciplinary reasons, no refund will be given.