Costs and Policies for the Semester Program
Students who successfully complete the Rome with Purpose semester program will receive 15 semester hours of academic credit issued by Geneva College which is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. The cost for this service is $125.
If you do not attend a college with a partnership agreement with Rome with Purpose, it is important that you work out the details regarding transfer of credit before you come to Rome. We are happy to speak with the registrar at your university to work out these details. Just write to us, or call us (704-641-3376), with the necessary contact information.
Each college we partner with has its own policies regarding study abroad and financial aid so we would encourage you to contact your college to determine your costs. Click here to see a list of our partner colleges.
Until October 1, 2019 the Rome with Purpose cost for a full semester is $16,200. After October 1, the price will be $16,500.
Program costs include:
- tuition for 15 credit hours
- room and board (14 meals weekly)
- weekly room cleaning and linen service
- weekly use of washing machine
- airport meet and greet
- full-time onsite staff and support
- transportation pass for all travel in Rome
- wi-fi on campus
- multi-day study tours to Florence and Pompeii
- select museum and excursion fees
- weekly cooking classes
- medical travel insurance policy
You will need to pay a non-refundable confirmation fee ($300) to reserve your place. This will be deducted from your total bill. The deadline for this payment will be November 1 (for the Spring semester) or April 1 (for the Fall semester).
If you do not attend a college with a partnership agreement with Rome with Purpose, it is important that you work out the details regarding payment before you come to Rome. We are happy to speak with the finance officer at your university to work out these details. Just write to us, or call us (704-641-3376), with the necessary contact information.
You will be responsible to pay for round-trip airfare to Rome.
Personal discretionary expenditures
Including personal travel during the two weeks of independent travel. (You are free to stay in Rome at the convent during this time, if you prefer.)
About two months before the semester begins, Rome with Purpose will send an invoice to you or to your college, depending on the agreement which has been made (see introductory explanation under the “Costs & Other Expenses” tab above).
Of course we hope you won’t leave us! But sometimes it happens, so here’s the deal:
If you decide to withdraw, notifications must be in writing or by email to Rome with Purpose. (A response from us will indicate that we received your email.)
- If you withdraw after your airline ticket has been purchased, you will be responsible for the cost of the ticket. Don’t worry! We won’t purchase the ticket without confirming with you first! In fact, we’ll ask you to sign a release form before we purchase the ticket.
- If you withdraw more than 30 days before the start date for the program in Rome, you are responsible for paying all unrecoverable expenses not covered by your $300 deposit.
- If you withdraw less than 30 days before the start of Rome with Purpose, you are responsible to pay 50% of the room and board fees. Your $300 deposit will be deducted from the 50% due. Tuition reimbursement will be based on your institution’s policy.
- If a student/parent withdraws after the program has begun, a partial refund of the tuition costs will be made. If a student withdraws in the first month, 50% of tuition charges will be refunded; in the second month, 25% of the tuition charges will be refunded. There will be no refund for room and board charges.
- If a student is dismissed for disciplinary reasons, no refund will be given.