Costs and Policies for the Semester Program
Students who successfully complete the Rome with Purpose semester program will receive 15 semester hours of academic credit issued by Geneva College which is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. The cost for this service is $125.
If you do not attend a college with a partnership agreement with Rome with Purpose, it is important that you work out the details regarding transfer of credit before you come to Rome. We are happy to speak with the registrar at your university to work out these details. Just write to us, or call us (704-641-3376), with the necessary contact information.
$17,500 for full semester
Program costs include:
- roundtrip airfare
- tuition for 15 credit hours
- room and board
- airport meet and greet
- full-time onsite staff and support
- transportation pass for all travel in Rome
- cell phone use
- wi-fi on campus
- multi-day study tour to Florence
- all museum and excursion fees
- weekly cooking classes
- medical travel insurance policy
The application fee is $30. Once you have been accepted you will need to pay a non-refundable confirmation fee ($300) within 30 days to reserve your place. This will be deducted from your total bill.
If you do not attend a college with a partnership agreement with Rome with Purpose, it is important that you work out the details regarding payment before you come to Rome. We are happy to speak with the finance officer at your university to work out these details. Just write to us, or call us (704-641-3376), with the necessary contact information.
The Travel Fee can be added directly to your bill ($1500) so that you can apply for financial aid on your entire package. This covers the cost of your airfare, transportation in Rome (metro and bus pass) as well as travel to and from Rome with Purpose excursions (generally trains). If you choose to purchase your own airline ticket to and from Rome, your travel fee for your travel within Italy will be $300.
- Even if you plan to use frequent flyer miles or an airline Companion Pass to fly to Rome, please work out details with Debbie at Rome with Purpose to assure that your arrival will be at the same time–or close to–the arrival of others coming in the group. Unless you arrive with the group, we cannot be responsible for your pickup at the Rome Fiumicino Airport.
Personal discretionary expenditures
Including personal travel during the three weeks of independent travel. (You are free to stay in Rome at the convent during this time, if you prefer.)
About two months before the semester begins, Rome with Purpose will send an invoice to you or to your college, depending on the agreement which has been made (see introductory explanation under the “Costs & Other Expenses” tab above). We require 25% of the balance no later than 45 days before the start date of the program; an additional 25% is due 30 days before; and the remaining 50% is due two weeks before the start date of your program. Full payment is due two weeks before you leave for Rome.
Of course we hope you won’t leave us! But sometimes it happens, so here’s the deal:
If you decide to withdraw, notifications must be in writing or by email to Rome with Purpose. (A response from us will indicate that we received your email.)
- If you withdraw after your airline ticket has been purchased, you will be responsible for the cost of the ticket. Don’t worry! We won’t purchase the ticket without confirming with you first! In fact, we’ll ask you to sign a release form before we purchase the ticket.
- If you withdraw more than 30 days before the start date for the program in Rome, you are responsible for paying all unrecoverable expenses not covered by your $300 deposit.
- If you withdraw less than 30 days before the start of Rome with Purpose, you are responsible to pay 50% of the room and board fees. Your $300 deposit will be deducted from the 50% due. Tuition reimbursement will be based on your institution’s policy.
- If a student/parent withdraws after the program has begun, a partial refund of the tuition costs will be made. If a student withdraws in the first month, 50% of tuition charges will be refunded; in the second month, 25% of the tuition charges will be refunded. There will be no refund for room and board charges.
- If a student is dismissed for disciplinary reasons, no refund will be given.